Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Casio Men's Ana-Digi 10-Year Battery Bracelet Watch #AW80D-1AV


I bought this watch over half year ago. Now I am replacing the watch with a timex.

Well, First off, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think this watch looks good. Yes, it is not well balanced overall, but for $20? come on, looks great at that price.

I think the watch had the potential to be great, but it missed a couple of important things.

Durability: The face scratches easy. so be careful. The buttons, well, after this half year I owned it, the buttons started to stick. Now, once in a while the button stays pressed and beeps itself to death. Granted I have taken the watch ocean swimming and exercising. On hindsight, maybe that was not a good idea. But they shouldn't say it is a 50M waterproof watch.

Design: The strap is not very flexible, I have small wrists and they can't quite wrap around my wrist. It works, but not very comfortable.

Utility: Well, I like that it has both analog and digital, the reason why I bought it. But the Interface to change the analog and the usage of the digital part is poorly designed. It is confusing and not very intuitive. I owned a similar timex and I've never had to read the manual. On DST date I always have to search for the manual on this one. That may be my fault for not getting it, but found it counter-intuitive for me. Someone mentioned about the light being useless, well it's kinda true. It is a cheap looking light that is very limited.

Overall, I think that the watch was a ok buy for a cheap watch. I have to say that I expected more from Casio. Considering how long it lasted, it is on the expensive side. But from the looks and features, it seemed cheap at first. I am giving it 3 starts because it may have been my fault. I wouldn't recommend it unless they really liked the design and can't afford something better.Buy Casio Men's Ana-Digi 10-Year Battery Bracelet Watch #AW80D-1AV!

No comments:

Post a Comment